Dog n Suds History

Dog n Suds had a humble beginning back in 1953 in Champaign, Illinois when Don Hamacher and Jim Griggs, two music teachers from the University of Illinois, opened a hot dog and root beer stand. Rapidly, Hamacher and Griggs’ success became known in Central Illinois, which led them to forego the teaching profession and get into the fast-food franchising business full time. Dog n Suds in the 1950s, 60s, and 70s became one of the most successful fast-food franchises in the country.